will take place during Cervical Cancer Prevention Week from 17-23 January 2022.
Let’s face it, the last year has been a challenge with lots of things in life becoming more difficult.
But one thing hasn’t changed: The importance of cervical screening (smear tests). Smear tests are the best protection against cervical cancer, but they aren’t always easy and coronavirus has added additional challenges to attending.
We want to ensure as many people as possible have reliable information and support about smear tests, results and any changes due to the pandemic. Will you join us?
Start the year with a positive, you could help one of your friends or family book a test that could save their life. Lots of people are unsure if they can, or should, go for screening at the moment. If you have been invited, it is because your GP practice has taken measures to keep you safe while in the surgery. If you have an appointment, government guidance says that you are allowed to go, even within the current restrictions across the UK, as cervical screening is a medical appointment.
Join #SmearForSmear during Cervical Cancer Prevention Week and share a tip, a story or a reminder. We have lots of useful resources, including information about what to if you can’t book a test at the moment.
- Smear your lipstick and take a photo. Why? Because it grabs attention
- Post it on social media using #SmearForSmear!
- Include a message about the importance of smear tests, tell your friends and family where they can access tips and support
- Ask them to get involved too
- Don’t forget to be kind. It can be a really difficult test for lots of people, especially at the moment.
- If you are a patient at the Ridge and are due a smear or have any questions please don’t hesitate to give us a call!