Book an appointment
There are a few ways to book an appointment. Due to COVID 19 the way you can book an appointment has been altered.
Here is the general process to book an appointment
1. Book an appointment online or via telephone – visit our e-consultation link in the first instance and see if your problem can be managed by one of our clinicians online without the need for you to wait to make an appointment or you can telephone the surgery on 01274 425600
2. A clinician will either send you an electronic reply or otherwise call you to discuss your problem
3. If you are pre-booking an appointment with a Healthcare Assistant or Practice Nurse for common issues such as a blood test, long term condition management, cervical screening tests, wound management then rather than call the surgery, you can choose to send us a text to 07376 191460, stating the reason for your appointment(for example “Blood test”) along with your Name and Date Of Birth and the reception team will pre-book your appointment and reply with the details in a text message
Before you book an appointment, you can consult with your online doctor here
We are pleased to offer Online Appointments for all of our surgeries
Call for an appointment
– For a same day appointment at any of our three surgeries you should call 01274 425600 at 8.15 any morning, Monday to Friday
– If you need to book a routine follow-up appointment with a particular GP you can make an appointment in advance. Please phone after 9.30 am to avoid busy times. Many routine appointments are for patients who have a long-term or chronic condition that needs monitoring on a regular basis
You need to be registered with us to make an appointment.
Not registered with us? If you wish to register with The Ridge Medical Practice click here.
Extended Access/Extended Hours Services – Information for patients
This practice is part of the extended access service which provides GP, Physiotherapy, Nurse, and Health care assistant appointments from the following locations (hubs) across Bradford:
- North hub: Shipley Medical Practice, Alexandra Road, Shipley, Bradford BD18 3EG
- Central hub: Picton Medical Centre, Westbourne Green Community Health Care Centre, Manningham, Bradford, BD8 8RA
- South hub: The Ridge Medical Practice, Cousen Road, Bradford, BD7 3JX
As a patient registered with this practice, you have access to evening appointments (6:30pm – 9:30pm) at any of the three hubs to see one of the following:
- Health Care Assistant
- Voluntary Sector Services
Weekend appointments are available with a GP from 10am – 1pm on Saturdays and Sundays from the central hub, subject to availability.
More information about appointments with the extended access service
The service is run by Bradford Care Alliance, which represents all GP practices in the Bradford area. Medical appointments are with GPs and other healthcare staff who work in the area; so your appointment may not be with a clinician from this practice.
To use the service we will ask for your consent to share your medical record and our reception staff will explain what this means and why it is necessary. Learn more about how and why we process your information.
View further details of the services and location maps are available.
If you have not yet registered
Online appointments can be booked quickly and easily wherever you are, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
To access the appointment system via SystmOnline, you will need to fill out a Registration Request form which can be obtained from our Reception desk.
Please bring with you an approved form of identification (Passport, Photocard Driving License or Birth Certificate). Our Receptionists will then be able to register you and give you your login details.
To register you must attend in person to any of our reception areas.
Once you have obtained your login details from Reception, simply login to SystmOnline.
Staff numbers increased and high capacity telephone system introduced.
We provide what is known as ‘advanced access appointments service’. In essence, this means that we provide clinical care in a range of ways, which should mean that you get better access to clinicians. Reception staff are required to ask you a few questions to gather more information for the doctor before they add you onto the telephone triage rota for that day. The doctor will return your call sometime throughout the morning (please note that we will be unable to give you a specific time). The doctor will then discuss with you if they need to see you in the surgery or if they are able to treat you over the phone.
You can also call in to the surgery in person to book appointments at Reception at any time from 8.15am – 6.00pm
Please note that phones are always busy at 8.15am and you may get the engaged tone. We have a large team taking calls at that time and a number of lines into the surgery so please keep trying and you will get through before long and our staff will be on hand to help you
If you need a home visit, please try and request this before 10.30am so that the GP team can plan and prioritise their workload accordingly
Receptionists are trained to ask for as much information as possible in order that requests can be given the necessary priority
If you are housebound and need help, District Nurses are available for home visits and may be able to offer you the support you need
If we are fully booked
Demand varies from day to day, and we only have a set number of appointments, so there may be some occasions when we have allocated all the appointments for a particular day.
If this is the case when you ring, you will be asked if the problem is urgent and needs to be dealt with today. If, in your opinion, it is urgent you will receive a call back from a trained clinician who will assess the urgency of your need and make the necessary arrangements to treat you appropriately.
We always encourage our patients to contact us if they are concerned, but there are times when there is no need to see a GP and where you can and should manage common minor ailments by following advice and information on the NHS website.
If you have an appointment and are unable to keep it for any reason, please make sure you ring to cancel so someone else can make use of that valuable time.